Friday, July 27, 2012

Ecuador 2012 Lindsay

Hola mi amigos!
Como estas? That’s about the extent of my Spanish knowledge, but I felt like I should go for it anyways, just to get you into the mood of this thing. But anyways. I would like to start out by telling my mommy and Jorge that so far, I’ve eaten broccoli, coleslaw, blended potatoes, baked beans (an entire plate, I might add) veggie soup, pea soup, plantains, yucaroot, and lots of other yummy new things J but on a more serious note, we’re on the bus ride home from Huaticocha now, and saying goodbye to the people and community there was one of hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I’ve fallen completely in love with the children, the culture, the people, and the Ecuadorians working alongside me who taught me so much about truly serving the Lord with all of your heart. They are the servants of God who I strive to be, and I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing group of people to help me realize that. My absolute favorite part of this trip was interacting with the children in a community called Guamani. Out of the 500 people living there, we only know of 2 Christians. They held the soccer tournament (don’t worry mom, I didn’t play) and as soon as we pulled up, children started running towards us from all different directions and within seconds, we had a lively game of ring around the rosy going. I really connected with a girl named Adia, and looking into her smiling face gave me an incredible amount of joy. I never got bored of playing pattycake with the kids, braiding their beautiful hair, giving them piggy back rides and playing game after game of duck duck goose with them. I knew how desperate each and every child was to be loved, and giving it to them gave me more satisfaction than winning any gymnastics meet, learning any new piano piece and acing any test in school. God has taught me so much this week, but if I typed it all out it might take up another three pages. So, I guess the gist of this was, this trip has been an incredible experience for me, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world, because God has truly been doing an amazing work in and through each and every one of us this week.
Love you all!
-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment