Friday, July 27, 2012

Ecuador 2012 Chloe

Chloe 7/22/12
This past week has been an amazing experience for me through everything, through the work, people, devotion time and the culture.
                To start describing my time I’ll tell you about the work that our team has been doing… On our first day in Quito we had the opportunity to help put together what used to be a mansion but is now rented by IncaLink in order for it to be a home for children ages 2-15 to live and learn about the love that Christ has for them.  After seeing this beautiful home I could feel God’s blessings for them.  On the second day we arrived in Huaticocha travelling through the jungle was also a reminder of God’s gifts, witnessing the large mountains and foreign plants reminded me that God gives us many gifts each different but all are important.  On the third day we began our day breaking off into teams, the team that I was on needed to take remove all of the water from a ditch and transport it to a nearby stream, this job was difficult do to the fact that I (of course) was the one to get both feet stuck shin deep into the mud (thank goodness for the interns not being afraid to get their hands dirty).  All of these jobs were difficult but the exhaustion went unnoticed do to the joy given to me by God.
                This past weekend was an amazing opportunity to embrace the culture of Huaticocha.  Our team had the opportunity to travel into the community for a time of games and fellowship.  At first I was afraid that the community wouldn’t be open to ministering of a bunch of teenagers.  But through devotion time we’ve discussed things such as the definition of courage and to my best capability of defining it is that courage is when you stand up for what you believe in what is right and just.  Through this teaching and a prayer for God to open the hearts of the people my fears were nonexistent.  Upon arriving into the community we were greeted with a flock of eager children who just filled me with joy through there kindness and smiles.  Being able to embrace them and play with them was simply an awesome experience. 
                My time in Quito these few days have been truly memorable and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for me for the rest of the week.    

No comments:

Post a Comment