Monday, July 14, 2014

Ensenada - 2014 Monday

Hey everyone! Sherese here... I want to tell you a little bit about my day.

This morning me, Emily Steinhauser, Becca Rodney, Pj Winters, and Allegra Wicker had the pleasure of going with a local Pastor (Pastor Reynaro-an Alliance Pastor) and 2 of the interns, Manuel and Bronya, to pray with a family that attends the church.

Pastor Reynaro goes and prays with families of his congregation almost everyday to build community.  He not only blesses families with prayer but also with food (rice, beans and bread) .  The families home that we went to had invited friends of theirs to join us.
Ironically, the brother of one of the men just so happened to be walking by and his brother invited him in.  Pastor Reynaro spoke to the families and said several times that there are no coincidences and that they all were their because God called them to be with us at that exact moment.

p.s. Manuel was translating.  I barely know a lick of spanish...haha

Pastor read from the gospel of  John and from Revelation.  His message was  1. to encourage the families and the marriages of the 2 couples and 2. to share the gospel with Benjamin- the brother.

What was cool was that he called upon 3 of us to give testimonies about our lives and our walk with God, to read scripture aloud, and to pray aloud for the families

Sidenote: oh, i need to back up a little bit to my personal devotion time.  So towards the end of my time with God I specifically asked of Him to stretch and pull me to do whatever He wants me to do.    
some of you might find this hard to believe but I hate public speaking.  It terrifies me.

ok, back to the story...

When I said that Pastor called on 3 of us, that would be me being one of them!  He looked right at me and said, you give your testimony You can't say NO ya know. haha and right away I remember my prayer earlier that morning... "Lord stretch and pull me..." I did it and lived! Imagine that..haha. Towards the end of our time we gathered around each family and prayed about their specific prayer requests.  And guess what happened...Pastor looks at me again and says "you pray." I'm like...ok God... I see what you're doing.

It was such an awesome time of prayer and listening to the families stories and also the passion that Pastor has for lost and weary souls.  Benjamin didn't seem as though he was ready to fully accept The Lord and Pastor wasn't going to force him of course, but you could definitely see Benjamin thinking and prayerfully God is working and pressing on his heart.  My prayer is that he would be able to see the love of Christ through his brother and the blessings that God is providing for him and his family and start to ask questions.

I am so amazed at how quickly God gives us the opportunities that we ask for.

Please keep praying that all would listen to God's voice - serving and loving...

For the team,
Sherese

No comments:

Post a Comment